Each month, we will feature a different bangle with a different meaning, to inspire us all to examine different aspects of our lives – our health, our relationships, our finances, our state of mind, our environment – and see how we can change them for the better.
Tell us how you’re planning to change your life this year, and you could win a different bangle each month – and one lucky winner will win £150 at the end of the year to create their own stack of Alex and Ani bangles, bursting with positive energy!
If you’re a fabulous fan you’ll know that this year we have launched our reloved project. This initiative invites our customers to bring in their old, broken or unwanted jewellery to our stores, we’ll give you a 15% discount voucher for your donation and then we’ll get to work up-cycling your old jewellery.
We’ll be giving the old jewellery along with £1000 worth of jewellery from fabulous to design students at City of Bath College and Coventry University who will upcycle the jewellery in to new exciting creations. These new items of jewellery will be sold online www.fabulouscollections.co.uk/reloved where you make a suggested donation on our just giving page which goes directly to Breast Cancer Campaign. There’ll also be bundles of beads and jewellery parts that you can buy online to make your own ‘reloved’ creations, so if you love getting crafty then buy your bundle today and be sure to show us what you make.
In England we generate about 177 million tonnes of waste every year, things we throw out are filling landfill sites causing environmental damage, this year we decided that we’d launch our own project to do our bit for the environment.
Here’s five ways to recycle which will also save you or even make you money…
- Recycle your old clothes. Gather together those items in your wardrobe that haven’t seen daylight for years and take them to a store that have a recycling initiative. Marks and Spencer and H&M both offer discounts for donated goods.
- Recycle your old jewellery. Have a rummage through your jewellery box and bring your old, broken or unwanted jewellery to fabulous. We give you a 15% off voucher and anything that is made and sold from your old jewellery will be donated to Breast Cancer campaign.
- Sell your old DVDs and books. There are lots of websites that will take your old DVDs and books and pay you for them. ziffit is fast and easy, you enter your barcodes and they’ll tell you how much you can earn. It’s a great way to make a bit of extra cash and is so much better than throwing them out.
- Go to a boot sale. Toys, bric-a-brac, old gifts you’ve never used are taking up lots of space in your house. Have a clear out and make some holiday money from the sale. Boot sales are all over the country, and for a small price and an early start you can make yourself a nice profit by selling your items on to a new home. This is a helpful site to find your closest sale.
- Sell your old mobile phones. We all have old mobile phones lying around the house. Send yours to envirofone, who refurbish your old phone and sell them to developing countries where they can play a major part in developing communication networks.
Tell us how you’re planning to change your life this year, and you could win a different bangle each month. One lucky winner will win £150 at the end of the year to create their own stack of Alex and Ani bangles, bursting with positive energy!
Just let us know how your outlook on CONSERVATION will change this year. One lucky winner will be picked out on March 31st to win the Star of Venus bangle. Let us know on Twitter or Facebook or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org #positivechange