The fabulous team in Leamington have been attending a number of wedding shows over the last month and yesterday they helped to inspire brides- to- be at Mallory Court’s wedding show in Leamington Spa.
Whilst the most important piece of jewellery is of course the wedding ring, accessorising shouldn’t stop there! So here are some top tips from our Wedding Brand Manager and Leamington team to get you started!
- Wedding jewellery is supposed to compliment your gorgeous dress not over power it. If your dress is very detailed and heavily embroidered, a more understated, lighter piece of jewellery would compliment the dress. For example, Swarovski’s Angelic Necklace (£61) and Earrings (£59.00) would be perfect. Whereas if you have chosen a simple design, a statement necklace or earrings would be fabulous – the more sparkle the better! Swarovski’s Heart studs (£56) are truly romantic!
- Lots of brides like to match the theme or even a small aspect from the day to their jewellery. This can range from the colours chosen to the flowers and decorations! This is also great for bridesmaid’s presents as they are a beautiful reminder of the day and can be worn after the wedding as well! Thomas Sabo would be perfect for this as there are so many charms to choose from it can be individual to you and your wedding. The Pearl or Rose Quartz Bracelet along with a gorgeous charm would be a perfect reminder of the day. Our favourite charms are the Cubic Zirconia Butterfly charm (£34.95) and the Silver Bridal Shoe Charm (£29.95), which are extremely delicate and feminine.
Pandora’s Chalcedony Set is a very vintage inspired piece, which is great for those who have gone for a classic themed wedding. You can choose from the necklace (390321CA), the ring (190842CA), and earrings (19235118). The stone is an iridescent blue, and is believed to help harmonize your mind, body and soul, and is also great for your ‘something blue’ as the subtle shade isn’t too over powering!
To complete some Hollywood glamour, Thomas Sabo’s timeless Pearl Drop Necklace (£59) and Pearl Charm Bracelet (£29.95) will finish every classic look! The charm bracelet can hold up to three charms, so on your special day you can add something old, something borrowed, and something blue! Simple and affordable!!
- Do consider whether or not you would wear the jewellery again after your wedding day! It would be a shame if it were never to come out of the box again! The Diamonds and Pearls collection by Hot Diamonds is beautifully elegant and feminine yet can be worn again on special occasions, plus it will always hold those special memories of your wedding day every time you wear it!
- Take time to notice the neckline of your dress. For example, Diamonfire’s Droplet Necklace (£349) would be perfect with a strapless or off the shoulder dress. However, Swarovski’s Perpetual Necklace (£100) would compliment a V-Neckline more.
- Don’t be afraid to change your jewellery throughout the day. Many brides consider a classic, traditional look when walking up the aisle but then change to a brighter, sparkly look for the evening. The time of day is important – many brides have preferred a more timeless, graceful style in the day and have then revamped in the evening with a majestic statement piece!For advice on engagement or wedding rings and other bridal jewellery, just pop in-store to have a chat with any of our team, or book an appointment with our ‘fabulous forever’ specialist, to look at rings in more detail.
Wedding Brand Manager
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more wedding inspiration!